Wednesday, January 30, 2013

OPI Is That Silvia?

I got this polish a little while back for christmas and I finally got a chance to try it out.  It is one of the magnetic polishes from OPIs Skyfall collection that came out at the end of 2012.  It is a shimmering light grey with a pattern of a darker grey that varies in darkness depending on how long you hold it under the magnet.   The two contrast beautifully and the pattern definitely shows up which I was worried about before trying it.  It came with the diagonal stripe design magnet but it works with any other magnets as well, however the stripe is the only one I have right now.
The application is a bit tricky just because you need to do the design quickly before the polish starts to dry.  This meant I had to paint one nail, use the magnet, paint the next nail ect. and that took a little longer than normal.  The polish was also a bit translucent with one coat, although you could probably still just do one, so I used two, painting the two coats quickly as I could before using the magnet.  Besides the slight rush the application was pretty great, the brush as always with OPI was amazing, and the polish was a good thickness and it also dried remarkably fast.  For a first try with magnetic polishes it worked amazing now I just can't wait to try out some others, and maybe some different magnet designs as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment